So, although I’ve never actually had pineapple fried rice prior to making it myself, I have to say this was the best. Sweet pineapple pairs perfectly in this Asian dish. This was quick and easy, especially if you have the rice made beforehand…
If not, it only takes 10 minutes to whip up some instant brown rice. If you’ve got extra veggies to dice up and toss in, it’s a good way to use up any lingering vegetables in the refrigerator. This is a perfect and quick weeknight dinner, no need to call for Chinese takeout!
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed into bite sized pieces
2 cups diced pineapple, canned or fresh
1/2 cup diced ham
1/2 an onion, diced
2/3 cup frozen peas & carrots (conveniently bagged in the freezer aisle!)
3 cups cooked brown rice
2 green onions, sliced
sauce for stir frying:
1 tablespoons sesame oil
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic
- In a small bowl (or mason jar, perfect for shaking liquid ingredients together), combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger powder and pepper; set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute diced chicken until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat once cooked.
- While the chicken cooks, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion to the skillet, and cook until onions have become translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in frozen peas & carrots, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender and heated through.
- Next, stir in rice, pineapple, ham, green onions, chicken and soy sauce mixture. Cook until heated through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro, siracha, sweet chili sauce (whatever your heart desires!)