Tuesday was just a regular day at work until I got a WordPress notification on my phone that a kind blogging friend had nominated me for an award! What?! Me?! I’m so grateful for such a great community of writers and bloggers to learn from, talk with and be inspired by!
I was nominated for “Most Inspiring Blog” by Nikita at Travel Adventures Across The World. I love catching up on her explorations and adventures, and admiring her beautiful photos. You should definitely check her blog out.
Here are a few questions that I was asked and some fun facts about me.
- What is your favorite TV show?
My favorite TV shows definitely change with the seasons. While Parks & Rec was running, that was tops my favorite. Before that, The Office. Now, I’m binge watching Downton Abbey. :)
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
It sounds cheesy but if I could have one superpower, I’d want it to be something akin to apparating in Harry Potter. I mean honestly, imagine being able to pop up anywhere on earth you wanted, just like that. Travelling would be so much easier.
- What is the coolest city/country you’ve ever been to?
The coolest country I’ve been to is Jamaica. My mom and I love to go on cruises, so we’ve been all throughout the Caribbean but by far my favorite stop was Jamaica. It’s like a jungle in the middle of the ocean and there were so many things to do and see. We hiked up a waterfall, and when I say hiked up, I mean hiked in. It was an amazing experience! It’s actually been the site of popular films like James Bond and a Tom Cruise movie, too.
- What’s your favorite dessert?
Anything chocolate is my favorite dessert.
- If you could have any job, what would it be?
I remember as a child watching the Travel Channel and being absurdly envious of Samantha Brown. Have you ever seen her shows?! I think my love for travel had to have been sparked by her, and I wish someone would follow me around with a camera and let me travel the globe!
- If you could be an animal, which would you be?
I think that’s really a tough question. I feel like the animal kingdom is a tough place to make a living. Most animals are underneath someone else in the food chain, so I’d probably want to be a lion. Who messes with lions?
- What was your favorite subject in high school?
No brainer, Environmental Science. Then, probably English.
- What is your ultimate dream vacation?
My ultimate dream vacation can’t quite be summarized. I do have a list of top places I want to visit. Macchu Picchu in Peru, the Great Wall of China, a trip through the outback in Australia, a safari in Africa, relaxing in Bora Bora, seeing the Northern Lights in Iceland…. I’ve got a lot of plans.
- Describe yourself in 5 words.
Soft-hearted, Adventurer, Introvert, Over-thinker, Christ-follower
Fun facts about me:
- I really have a deep-down love for writing, reading and literature.
- I’m a crazy cat lady.
- I grew up by the beach and loved every minute of it.
- I’m terrible at thinking of “fun facts”.
- I’ve been playing the piano since I was five, but lately wishing I had more time to practice!
I would now like to go ahead and nominate five amazing bloggers for the Most Inspiring Blog award.
Most Inspiring Blog Award :
- http://emergingadulteats.com/ – Rachel shares amazing recipes and beautiful photos that consistently leave me hungry and ready to cook.
- http://www.ahairinmybiscuit.com/ – Martie cracks me up, she has a great voice, hair tutorials and yummy recipes and ideas.
- http://www.marshallsabroad.com/ – Beautiful photography, inspiration on faith and life, flowers and food… Need I say more?
- http://maggiesonebuttkitchen.com/ – Recipes galore, but I’ve found so many amazing baking ideas and desserts to make – amazing things roll out of her little kitchen!
- http://rantingchef.com/ – So many amazing recipes, such good writing, and really helpful product reviews!
I would love to see nominations from each that I listed and also don’t forget to list 10 fun facts about yourself. Though I’m still building my blog, finding my voice, and writing about what I like, I’ve gained so much from the blogs I follow and am so thankful for the blogging community that inspires me!