There’s been Honey Siracha salmon, teriyaki salmon, ginger miso salmon, chipotle glazed salmon….. The list goes on. But the common factor in those recent recipes has been the sweet glaze on the salmon. So, I really wanted to try something different, and more savory. Inspired by an easy Lemon Parmesan crusted chicken I’ve always liked, I added some dill and chives to the sauce to compliment the salmon, and this turned out perfect!
4 salmon fillets
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dried garlic
1 tablespoon dried dill
1 tablespoon fresh diced chives
1/2 of a fresh squeezed lemon’s juice
1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lightly grease a shallow baking dish, and lay the salmon in it.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, mix together the lemon juice, mayonnaise, dill, chives and garlic.
- In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, and olive oil.
- Spoon the mayonnaise mixture onto the tops of the salmon, then gently press in the breadcrumb mixture to create a nice crust.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes at 425, until salmon is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and slice remaining lemon to garnish each salmon filet with. Individually squeeze the lemon if desired before eating, and enjoy!